Thursday 10 May 2012

Diana Nixon Interview


Diana Nixon was born in Minsk, Belarus, where she still lives and works on her book series Love Lines.
Before becoming a writer she received a Master of Law degree from Belorussian state University. Since then she has got married and given birth to her precious daughter.
She says “I’ve always liked reading fantasy novels, so when I came up with the idea of writing a book, I already knew what genre to choose.  At the moment I’m working on my Love lines series"
Welcome Diana Nixon thanks for talking to us today and letting us have a little insight into you and your books.

Q: Tell us about your Love lines series.
-          First of all I should say that this is my debut as a writer. A few months ago I came up with the idea of writing a book and decided that it would be a fantasy novel. Love lines - is a story about young girl Eileen Clark, whose life turns upside down when she finds out about her unusual talents. I tried to make an interesting plot with good heroes, mysteries and beautiful love, of course.  Love lines series include five novels and one short story. The first book released on May 29 and the date of release for the second book is not set yet, however I can already say that it will be named Songs of the wind.

Q: What’s your genre and why did you choose it?
-          I write fantasy novels for young adults. I like dreaming and think that this genre is the best way to make some of my dreams come true. I do believe in supernatural, though I’ve never met wizards or mind readers myself. In my own books I try to gather everything I would like to see in a book of such a genre.

Q: What’s the biggest obstacle you faced with your writing journey?
-          The only thing I was definitely sure about while starting my first book was its title, that’s why all the details such as a place of the events, names of my heroes and some landscape researches of Britain itself took a lot of hours to be ready.

Q: Where do you get your ideas and inspiration from?
-          From everywhere! From my family, my friends and some every day events around me, but as I have already answered on my website - the main thing it to get as much positive emotions as possible.

Q: Who or what are your influences?
-          I think it’s some inner state of my soul and my heart’s calling that influence me most. As inspiration is something kept inside of you, then everything what is around you may affect its appearance of absence. That’s why it’s so important to write when you are inspired by something, because when you make yourself write, the book can’t be interesting.

Q: Are you self-published, legacy or a combination?
-          I’m a self-published author.

Q: What was the hardest part of your self-pub journey?
-          Finding a publisher of course! I still don’t know what I would have done without my friends who advised to choose Createspace services. I think that it’s pointless to pay someone to publish your book when there are so many opportunities to do it yourself.

Q: What format are your books available in?
-          My first book is available in paperback, but I’m working on making it digital as well.

Q: How many books have you published so far?

-          There is only one book published as it was actually my first book.

Q: What things did you outsource, if any at all?
-          There were some guide-books about Britain, some works about people’s energy and the books about some specific plants. So research mainly. 

Q: What’s the best bit of advice you received when starting out?
-          Write if you want to!

Q: What advice would you offer to the future Debut Authors out there?
-          Don’t take every negative review personally, because it doesn’t necessary mean that your book is bad, maybe just that reader wanted to find something else there, but the next one will definitely like it. And never give up! If something you are doing makes you smile and brings happiness then it’s something you should really do.

Q: What’s next for you? Any projects in the pipeline for us to look forward to?
-          As soon as I finish my Love lines series I’m going to start a trilogy about guardian angels.

Q: Any favourite Author that you are a fan of and would recommend?
-          There are many good authors so I would recommend just one of my latest readings. It’s Claudia Gray. I thing her books are amazing.

Q: Give us one of your favourite quotes.
-          The brightest stars are shining in a place of your childhood.

Q: And finally tell us something random about yourself to make us chuckle.
-          I’ve never thought that being an International lawyer I would become an International writer as well!

Thanks Diana, it was lovely you have you here. Best of luck to you with your work, I cant wait to read and review.

"Love Lines" will have a review on here soon and its release date will be 29th May so look out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment